Sunday, January 24, 2010

My name is Melissa Castro and I am twenty-seven years old. I have one daughter, Reayez, which is three. I decided to attend Missouri Western about a year ago simply to be able to support myself and my daughter. I am majoring in Biology but my goal is to become a game warden for the conservation. I am on my fifth year of remission from having lymphoma cancer. My cancer is one of the things that prevented me from attending college sooner. I hope to graduate and be set in a career before my daughter is to far into school.
In my spare time I enjoy fishing, camping, and spending time with my family and friends. I am very family orientated and get great security from having them. We have a lot of family BBQ's and go to the lake with each other.
In this class I hope to get grasp on the whole blogging thing. Blogging is not something I have ever done and I am a little unsure how it works. I would also like to take something from one of the books that I can look back on and remember. I
In five years I would like to be finished or close to being finished with school. I would also like to see my daughter doing well in school and being able to provide anything she wants. In ten years I would like to be building a home on the property I currently own or buying a home. In fifteen years I would like to be at the same job for the previous ten years. I would like to see my daughter growing healthy and strong. I would also like to have one more kid.
The one thing I would like to get out of the whole college experience is a successful education that I can apply to daily life and a profession that I enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. It looks to me like you figured it out. I had only read blogs until last week, but I now have three classes that require blogging, so I should know everything about it by the end of the semester. We should go fishing together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being in remission! I'm glad to hear that. It certainly does put a damper on education. Breast cancer runs in my family and I certainly hope to avoid that.

    Would you explain to me what a game warden is and entails? I'm not familiar with it?

    You are doing an excellent job at blogging. It is writing like any other, but for a different medium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must love the outdoors! I must say I love being outside too! I see you like fishing as well, I enjoy going fishing I just can't take the fish off the hook and I don't think I ever will be able to!

    I'm very happy to see that you enjoy life and look at the bright side even through hardships. It seems like you have it all figured out! It's my dream to buy some land and build on it and start a family. If you don't mind sharing, where is the land that you own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This summer I visited California, so far that has been the best I have seen and the first time I have seen the ocean! I do plan on starting my career here, but my boyfriend and I are thinking about moving away, maybe California! I just started the whole traveling thing since my mom wasn't much into traveling herself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melissa, loved the introduction. Seems like your very family oriented just like my mom is. I think it's great that you decided to go back to school after your battle with cancer. I'm not much of an outdoorsey type but anytime you have your next BBQ I'll be more than happy to join.

    ReplyDelete