Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Proposal for Hip-Hop Revolution

On my paper this time I intendend to explain why hip-hop has an image. Often times this bad image is not excepted but I would like to prove a few reasons why artist feel the need to have a bad image to it's critics. With that said my target audience would be hip-hop critics such as Bill O'Reilly. My position is that most hip-hop artist have learned to use this image to make money and explain their daily encounters that they go through. I don't listen to alot of hip-hop but it seems to me that a cowboy wouldn't have a lot of credability singing about the slums or prejudice with the police. Since most hip-hop artist are black most critics cannot relate to the prejudice they have now and have had for a long time. I think that showing examples of how black people and hip-hop artist in general suffer from prejudice will be the best way to persuade my audience. I already know that black people feel prejudice from police, job opportunities, and financial status'. I also know that alot of the prejudices are based from the days of slavery. This paper should explain why this image is excepted with some people and not others as well as let the critics of hip-hop understand reasonable explanations for people to relate to hip-hop music and their image.

2 comments:

  1. I like your topic and I look forward to reading what you have. I am not a big fan of hip-hop so unfortunately im unable to picture the image you speak of,I think it would be good to go into depth in your paper and provide a good description in order to create the reader with a visual

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you're doing here. I think that rap artists do try to maintain a sort of bad boy image. I think they just want a tough reputation, because they need one to get anywhere in the hip-hop world. I listen to mostly rap, so if you need help just let me know.

    ReplyDelete